S1 E6: John Robb
John Robb is an English musician and journalist best known as the bassist and singer for the mid-1980s post-punk band The Membranes.
He writes for and runs the Louder Than War website and a monthly music magazine of the same name. He has written several books on music and pens a column in Viva!life.
John and Faye catch up at BIMM in Bristol, to chat about a green future, and how that will look, his eleventh book The History of Goth, his relationships with Dale Vince and Chris Packham, all things music, fitness, and a brief history of space and time.
In this conversation, John and Faye discuss topics, such as:
- Growing up in Blackpool in the 60s and 70s
- John’s love of dinosaurs
- John’s band The Membranes
- Solfeggio frequencies, the importance of energy, and the expansion of the universe
- A DIY and grassroots approach to transforming veganism, conservation and building a better future
- How John came to pen a column for Viva!life
- His eleventh book, and bestseller The Art of Darkness: A History of Goth
Find out more about John Robb
About Our Show
Get the latest episode every month, straight to your mobile device or computer. It’s automatic and completely free.
Copyright owned by Viva! Bristol 2023. Not for re-use without our written agreement. All featured music and content used by permission. Produced by Faye Lewis and Lex Rigby for Viva!.
This podcast is sponsored by Viva! partners, Evergreen Insurance Services; an ethical insurance broker making positive changes in the natural world by helping wildlife and nature charities.