Merchandise, Sales & Events Coordinator
Job summary: An exciting, rare opportunity to be part of an expanding and dynamic vegan campaigning charity.
About us: Viva! is the UK’s leading vegan campaigning charity, specialising in undercover investigations and high-profile animal and environmental campaigns. Founded in 1994 we have spent 29 years creating a kinder, more sustainable world for humans and animals alike. We focus on four key areas: Animals, Planet, Health and Lifestyle.
Location: Bristol HQ (full-time office-based position)
Hours: 35 per week
Holidays: 4 weeks plus 5 bonus days at Xmas (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of employment
Salary (depending on experience):
- £21,000 to £24,000
Closing date: 10 December 2023
Interview dates: 18 & 19 December 2023
Start date: January 2024
Reports to: Retail Manager
Contract type: Permanent role
Experience: Relevant experience includes customer-facing roles, customer service, packing and organising stock, admin or similar. Experience working in the events sector is advantageous but not required.
Are you passionate about Viva! and our aims?
The Merchandise, Sales & Events Coordinator will be working to positively promote Viva! (and so increase the number of vegetarians and vegans in the UK and the support of the charity). They will be helping to ensure that merchandise, sales and events are run efficiently and effectively by providing administrative, stock fulfilment and promotional support. They will be responsible for coordinating volunteer attendance at festivals, shows and events. They will demonstrate a high level of customer service and professionalism in all supporter, customer and business communications. We are seeking a proactive and organised individual, who has the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. The successful applicant will be a strong team player and enjoy working closely with others.
- Processing and shipping orders; ensure the correct product(s) and quantities are packed and every order is compiled with the utmost care
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled as to the customer’s specifications and within the Viva! Shop’s dispatch deadlines of 5-7 working days
- Assist in annual stock take, performed each March and help with mini stock counts throughout the year to help keep track of all stock
- Deal with merchandise enquiries; issue refunds or exchanges promptly and professionally (update Shopify as required) (aim to send out replies within five working days)
- Manage logistics of stock – where it is stored and liaise with offsite storage facilities where necessary; ensure that admin/merch floor is tidy and that materials – including campaigns leaflets – are fully topped up, where applicable
- Assist with general campaign mailings (printed and digital) as required and respond to supporter activism enquires(via phone/email)
- Look after the Viva! Supporter Discount Scheme (SDS), actively reaching out to new businesses, assist applicants with enquiries about the scheme; process SDS applications and ship SDS packs within one week of receiving application and work to promote the SDS to businesses and supporters via social media, newsletters etc
- Book events for Viva! staff and stall volunteers to attend each year – and book staff to help attend events and book talks
- Run the merch stall at staff-led events, including being responsible for transporting stock and other materials to the events in a hire vehicle
- Driving to and from events is an essential part of the role
- Maintain and update Viva! websites and online schedules on a monthly basis and update all forms of promotion for each event including: Viva! websites and e-newsletters
- Be main point of contact for stall volunteers and keep the database up to date – keep the volunteer up to date with essential information.
- Organise the volunteer-run events, arranging suitable delivery slots for stall materials and organising the return of stall materials and merchandise for each completed event. For staff events- book transportation and accommodation, if required
- Update and manage e-newsletter communication and social media requests for volunteers and thnak all volunteers persoanlly in Viva!life
- Prepare and pack suitable stall materials and merchandise for each event and help to unpack returned materials and goods and ensure payment for sold goods is received and logged
- Due to the nature of this role, some out-of-hours work and weekend work will be required
Skills and knowledge
- IT proficient
- Organised and process-orientated
- Ability to deliver high quality work, quickly, in a dynamic organisation under time pressure
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications
- Self-motivated and self-managing with ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Working with people and organisations to achieve objectives
- Confident and articulate
- Strong team player
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to the objectives of the organisation
- Valid UK driver’s licence
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work for Viva!, how your experience fits this role and what you can bring to Viva!.
Important – your CV must contain two referees, including your current (or most recent) employer, who will only be contacted if you are offered the job, and your current (or most recent) salary.
Please send your CV and covering letter with the role you’re applying for in the subject line to Emily Coster, at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE, CV APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER