Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Chocolate and brandy truffle torte
This is very rich, absolutely to die for and even though it costs a small
fortune to make, it’s worth it for a really special occasion. You
will have friends and family eating out of your hands (that’s if
they haven’t dived head-first into the torte first…)
- cooking oil
- 5tbs liquid glucose (available from chemists)
- 5tbs brandy
- 450g/1lb plain chocolate – half of this at least should
be good quality like Lindt 70% or Green & Black chocolate. The
rest can be a bit cheaper!
- 250ml/1⁄2 pint soya cream
- 75g/3oz plain Hob Nobs or other similar
oaty crunch biscuits (supermarket own brand are just as good)
cocoa powder to decorate
- Base line a 23cm/9in cake tin with greaseproof paper and brush
sides with oil.
- Sprinkle the crushed biscuits over.
- Melt chocolate, brandy and glucose
in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Remove from
heat and gently stir in cream. Pour into tin and chill overnight.
- Turn out onto a large plate and dust with cocoa powder.