Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Mixed Chopped Salad A Vegan Taste of the Middle East
A taste of the Mediterranean!
- 100g/2oz tomato
- 100g/2oz green pepper
- 100g/2oz red pepper
- 100g/2oz cucumber
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp dried parsley (or a handful of fresh if you can get it)
- ½ tsp dried mint (or a handful of fresh if you can get it)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves, shredded
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
There will be some of this left over, but it keeps for ages in a screwtop
jar in the fridge. It’s lovely with most salads – tomato salad,
green salad, or dolloped in half an avocado!
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar (use red or white wine vinegar if you can’t
get Balsamic, but use a bit less)`
- 1 tsp Dijon or ordinary French mustard
- 1 tsp rice syrup or ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, sliced (don’t crush, makes it too bitter)
- 1 dsp nutritional yeast flakes or powder (optional) (you can buy these
in the health store.)
- Mix ingredients in a jar with lid on, making sure mustard
and syrup/sugar are dissolved.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Store in fridge and shake before use.
- Pour enough dressing over salad so that when you toss
it, most of ingredients are lightly coated.