Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Posh Coleslaw 1000 Classic Vegetarian Dishes
115g/4oz white cabbage, shredded – use one of the thickest bits
on your grater
- 1 celery stick, chopped small
- 25g/1oz sultanas
- ½ crisp apple, diced
- 25g/1oz walnuts, chopped
- 8ml/½ tbsp snipped chives or snipped green bits of a couple
of spring onions. Cutting them with scissors is loads
easier than trying to chop with a knife!
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp veggie mayonnaise such as Plamil Soyannaise
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Turn into a serving bowl.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes before
serving, if you have time!
Note – this is a versatile recipe – I
sometimes add grated carrots as well. And you don’t have to
add the sultanas if you don’t like ‘em!
Raisins or chopped dates are good instead, or do without.