Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Monster Mushroom Burger
If you adore mushrooms as much as the Viva! crew, you’ll dribble
at the very thought of this juicy burger …Then again, if you aren’t
a fan, just swap the ‘room for a veggie burger!
- One large flat mushroom, stalk removed
- 1 dsp cooking oil (olive if you can afford it, ordinary if
- Shoyu (soya sauce like Kikkoman brand)
- One large roll
- Bits of green salad to fit in the roll
- Thinly sliced tomato if you like it
- Veggie mayonnaise (like Plamil’s Soyannaise)
- Black pepper to taste (freshly ground if you can get it)
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Gently fry the whole mushroom.
- Turn over when first
- Slice open the roll and spread with veggie
- When mushroom is cooked & juicy, add a splash
of shoyu to pan, making sure mushroom soaks it up.
- Place mushroom in roll, add salad and tomato, sprinkle
with black pepper if you like it
- Try to control yourself
so you don’t burn your
mouth in sheer greed!