Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Carrot & Coriander Soup The Classic 1000 Vegetarian
Just drink up that mellow carrot, coriander and cumin taste …
- 750g/1½lb carrots, sliced
- 750ml/1¼ pts vegetable stock (see instructions on packet)
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground cumin
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little soya milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cook carrots in stock for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Whiz it
up with a hand blender or slosh it into a liquidizer/food processor.
(Alternatively, drain, reserve stock and mash, then return to
the stock and add the seasonings.)
- Bring to boil then simmer
gently for 2 minutes.
- Thin with a little soya milk if necessary.
- Serve into warm bowls and
sprinkle with fresh coriander.