Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Hot Sun Soup
- 200g/7 oz lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 or more garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped (or ½-1 tsp dried)
- Sprinkling of black pepper
- 1250ml/2¼ pints veg stock (read instructions on packet)
- 230g/8oz tin chopped tomatoes (or about ½ normal sized tin)
- pinch sugar
- touch sea salt
- Put lentils, onion, bay leaves, garlic, thyme and black pepper
in a pan.
- Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to boil and boil for
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened
- Add sugar and salt.
- Serve with crusty bread – or even better,
garlic bread! Add green salad and you’ve got a meal.
Viva!, 8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH, UK
T: 0117 944 1000 F: 0117 924 4646 E: firstname.lastname@example.org