Smells Like Teen Spirit
What’s Cookin’? – recipes to get you started
Mexican Tacos 1000 Classic Vegetarian Dishes
15 minutes: 5-10 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
- 4 taco shells
- 30ml/2tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and sliced
- 50g/2oz baked beans, mashed (or kidney beans)
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, skinned, seeded and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Place taco shells in oven to warm while preparing filling.
- Heat oil in frying pan and stir-fry onion and chilli for 2 minutes. Add mashed beans and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Stir in avocado and tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Line taco shells with lettuce leaves and spoon bean mixture on top. Serve immediately.