Wine and Dine
Fruity Tofu Cheesecake
200g vegan digestive biscuits (or HobNobs, or Jordan’s Luxury Crunch, Quaker Harvest Crunch or similar cereal)
75g vegetable margarine
50ml soya milk
350g silken tofu
200g vegan cream cheese (ie Swedish Soft from health food stores or large Tesco or Sainsbury’s Free From)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp lemon or orange essence (optional)
2 tsp arrowroot
150g fruit topping (eg fresh or defrosted frozen raspberries or strawberries)
1. Preheat the oven to 3500F/1800C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Grind the biscuits (which will be used as the base for the cheesecake) until there are no large lumps left. Melt the margarine and mix in the biscuit crumbs. Spread in a greased flat tin and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. Put all of the other ingredients, except the fruit in a liquidizer and blend thoroughly until smooth. Remove the crumb mixture from the oven and pour the filling over the base.
4. Bake in the oven at the same temperature for 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
5. Top with fruit topping and chill before serving.