Wine and Dine
Sticky Tomato Toast
This is quick to prepare but slow to cook, so you can get on with the rest of your special meal while it’s baking!
- 4 slices wholemeal or white bread, toasted
- 4-6 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 30ml/2tbsp brown sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170ºC/325ºF/Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly oil a baking tray and place toast on it.
- Pour a little olive oil over each slice, then cover with tomato slices.
- Arrange garlic slices between tomato, sprinkle with brown sugar and seasoning and dribble a little oil over the top.
- Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the tomato has become sticky and the bread has become crisp and caramelised.