Wine and Dine
Lentil and Olive Dip 1000 Classic Vegetarian Dishes
- 175g/6oz red lentils
- 45ml/3tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 30ml/2tbsp lemon juice
- 75ml/5tbsp plain soya yoghurt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml/1tbsp black olives, pitted and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few whole black olives
- 15ml/1tbsp chopped parsley
- pitta bread
- Put lentils in saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until pulpy. Drain if necessary.
- Turn into a bowl and beat in the tahini and lemon juice.
- Cool then stir in yoghurt, garlic and chopped olives. Season to taste.
- Spoon on to individual plates, garnish with a few whole olives and a little chopped parsley and serve with fingers of warm pitta bread.