Wine and Dine
Nutty Garlic-Stuffed Mushrooms A Vegan Taste of Italy
(Serves 4 as starter)
- 16 medium-sized cup mushrooms
- olive oil
- 25g/1oz breadcrumbs
- 25g/1oz ground almonds
- 25g/ 1oz walnuts, grated
- 25g/1oz vegan ‘mozzarella’, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fortified wine
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 1 rounded tsp dried parsley
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°/350°/Gas Mark 4.
- Wipe mushrooms and remove stalks, then brush outsides with olive oil and place upside down in an oiled baking dish.
- Chop stalks and fry with garlic for a couple of minutes in olive oil.
- Remove from heat and add remaining filling ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until everything binds together.
- Spoon some of mixture into each mushroom cap, pressing down firmly and evenly.
- Bake in oven at for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms just tender.