Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Warm Walnut & Spinach Salad
15 minutes: 5-10 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
- 30ml/2tbsp walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil if you can’t get it
- 25g/1oz root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 25g/1oz broken walnuts
- 450g/1lb baby spinach
- 5ml/1tsp caster sugar
- 2.5ml/1/2tsp sea salt
- Heat walnut/olive oil in pan or wok.
- Add ginger root, chilli, garlic and spring onions.
- Stir-fry for a moment, then add walnuts and spinach.
- Stir-fry for another moment until the spinach has just started to wilt.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and salt, stir again and transfer to serving bowl.