Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Speedy Smoky Pasta
- 375g/13oz/3 cups penne pasta
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil* Omit oil if cooking extra healthy version! Just sauté veggies in a little stock instead.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2 large red peppers, diced small
- 225g/8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pack smoked tofu, cubed (Cauldron smoked tofu is available from all supermarkets in the fridge section)
- 1-2 440g jars pasta sauce of your choice, according to how ‘wet’ you like your pasta.
- Bag of green salad
- Mayonnaise or vinaigrette dressing
- Put on a pot of water to boil, add salt if required, then add penne pasta. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- While pasta is boiling, sauté onion, courgettes and pepper in olive oil for a few minutes then add garlic and mushrooms. Cook everything together until courgettes and onions are tender.
- Add diced smoked tofu and sauté gently for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce. Stir in to incorporate ingredients and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix up cooked pasta with the veggie & tofu sauce & freshly ground pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Serve with green salad and mayo/vinaigrette dressing.
- Variations: try mixing in 1 tbsp pesto and sprinkling with Parmesan - delicious!
Viva!, 8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH, UK
T: 0117 944 1000 F: 0117 924 4646 E: firstname.lastname@example.org