Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Tomato & Bulgur Soup
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced (2 med stalks)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp ground fennel
- 1 tin undrained tinned tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup Bulgur
- In large soup pot, combine stock, onions, celery, garlic, salt, dill and fennel.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice.
- Add bulgur and mix well.
- Return to boil and simmer, covered, for another 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread - or hot garlic bread.