Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Rice Noodle Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce 1000 Classic Vegetarian Dishes
15 minutes: 10 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
- 125g/4oz Chinese rice noodles
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 100g/3½oz baby sweetcorn, halved
- 100g/3½oz mange tout, halved
- 100g/3½oz oriental greens such as bok choy or Chinese leaves, shredded
- Stir-fry sauce
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 4 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, make stir-fry sauce by mixing together all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan or wok, add prepared vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain noodles in a colander; then add to vegetables, together with stir-fry sauce.
- Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until everything is mixed and heat through – you have to stir quite firmly to integrate tangle of noodles with sauce and vegetables.
- Serve at once.