Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Chickpea Stroganoff Easy Vegan Cooking
25 minutes: 10 minutes preparation, 10-15 minutes cooking
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 225g/½lb/4 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 30g/1oz/2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 4 tbsp vegetable stock or water
- ¼tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ¼tsp mustard powder
- 455g/1lb/2½ cups or 2 tins (440g/14-16oz each) chickpeas
- 2 tsp cider or wine vinegar
- 285g/10oz/2 cups wholewheat noodles
- 200ml/1/3pt/¾ cup yoghurt
- 500g/1lb 2oz noodles
- Put pan of water on for noodles.
- Melt margarine and sauté vegetables until soft.
- Add stock, seasonings, chickpeas and vinegar.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain & rinse in cold water.
- Add yoghurt to chickpeas mixture over lowest possible heat, stirring constantly without bringing to boil, until heated through.
- Warm through noodles.
- Serve stroganoff over cooked noodles.