Around The World in 80 Ways
Creamy Leek & Mushroom Pasta
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, sliced into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 225g/8oz/3 cups brown cap mushrooms, (or button mushrooms if available)
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano
- 2.5ml/½tsp chilli flakes
- 375g/13oz/3 cups pasta of choice – noodles or spirali are good
- 75ml/5tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
water for pasta in a large pan.
pasta and cook 8-12 minutes, according to packet instructions and how soft
you like to eat it.
heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and sauté leeks and garlic
for 3 minutes until soft.
mushrooms, oregano and chilli flakes and cook gently for 5 minutes more
until mushrooms tender.
pasta, reserving 60ml/4tbsp cooking water for mushroom mixture.
this water into mixture, then add cream cheese and seasoning.
gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
serve, spoon sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with parsley.