Around The World in 80 Ways
Broccoli & Smoky Tofu in Hoisin Sauce Vegetarian
- 125g/4oz white rice
- 500g/1lb broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 250-300g/8-10oz packet smoked tofu, drained and cut into thin pieces
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce (available in jars from supermarkets and elsewhere)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
kettle for rice and cook rice in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes
(test after 8).
broccoli in saucepan of boiling water until just tender – about 4
rice – if it’s cooked, drain and rinse in cold water to prevent
it cooking in own heat.
broccoli and return to warm saucepan.
heat sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and fry tofu on both sides, until
crisp and golden brown.
tofu to broccoli, together with hoisin and soy sauces and salt and pepper
gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring until heated through.
through rice and serve with tofu/broccoli mixture.