Around The World in 80 Ways
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables with Couscous
30-40 minutes. 10 minutes preparation, 20-30 minutes cooking. A little longer
than most of our quick recipes – but because the veggies are in the oven
most of that time, it frees you up to multi-task! Don’t forget to turn
the veggies halfway through, though.
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 aubergine, cut into batons about 5x1cm/2x½inch
- 1 bulb of fennel, outer layer pared as necessary, cut into eighths
- 1 red or purple onion, cut into eighths
- 150g/5oz couscous
- Preheat oven to 220Cº/425Fº/Gas Mark 7.
- Make the marinade by mixing together crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice
and a seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Put all vegetables into a bowl, coat with marinade then spread in a single
layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the hot oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown
and tender, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to packet instructions, cover
and keep warm.