Vegetarian Slimming & Vegetarian Health
Vegetable Pancakes Vegetarian Slimming
- ½ cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or dry sherry
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour, dissolved in ¼ cup cold water
- 4 tortillas
- 2 tsp oil (not olive)
- 2 tsp fresh green chillies, minced (remove ALL seeds unless you love very
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Chinese black bean sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 cups red peppers, diced
- ½ cup broccoli stems, diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets (heads), loosely packed
- 170g/6oz firm tofu, cubed
soya sauce, rice vinegar/sherry, brown sugar and dissolved cornflour in
a small bowl and set aside.
your tortilla heating method!
tortillas together then wrap and carefully seal in tinfoil, then bake
in warm oven for about 10 minutes until heated through or
in a paper towel & heat in microwave for a minute or so on medium heat,
making sure you don’t cook too long as they’ll be too chewy.
heat oil in wok or large frying pan.
chillies and garlic and stir fry for one minute.
black bean sauce.
rice wine and when thoroughly hot, stir in peppers and broccoli stems.
fry for another minute then add broccoli florets, tofu cubes and ¼ cup
and let steam for about 2 minutes, until broccoli is just tender.
in soya sauce mixture and stir fry until sauce begins to thicken and bubble,
then remove from heat.
serve, place one warm tortilla at a time on a flat surface, put ¼ of
filling on half closest to you and roll up! Great served with five-spice