Vegetarian Slimming & Vegetarian Health
Breakfast Fruit Salad
Actually, this is great any time of the day!
- 1 ripe mango
- 175g/6oz sweet seedless grapes
- 125g/4oz strawberries
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1 ruby grapefruit or 2 sweet oranges
- 2 passion fruit
- a little maple syrup (optional)
- Peel the mango, then slice it. To do this, stand mango on end and cut down
abut 5mm/¼inch either side of where the stem was. As you cut down,
you will feel the hard flat stone against the knife, and you will be left
with two almost halves and the central stone section.
- Cut away as much flesh as you can from around the stone and put it into
a bowl; slice the two halves in there also.
- Half the grapes, hull and slice the strawberries, peel and slice kiwi fruits
and add all that to bowl.
- Hold grapefruit over bowl and cut away skin, along with pith, to reveal
juicy ruby flesh.
- Cut each segment away from the translucent skin around it, letting segments
and juice fall into bowl. Cut oranges same way if you are using these instead.
- Cut passion fruit in half, scoop out seedy pulp and add to bowl.
- Give it all a stir and add the maple syrup if you are using.
- Serve in the nicest bowls you have!