Easy Peasy Noodles
Serves 4 | 20 minutes
- 300g/10oz wholemeal noodles or spaghetti
- 1 pack of bean sprouts
- 225g/8oz fresh soya beans (sold in the freezer in large supermarkets or health food shops)
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small head pak choi
- 1-2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Hoisin sauce, ready-made*
- 8 spring onions
- Soya sauce and black pepper for seasoning
*The following are animal-free and reduced fat
- Tesco Stir Fry Hoisin Sauce Pouch or Hoisin & Spring Onion
- Asda Extra Special Hoisin Cooking Sauce
- Sharwood's Hoisin and Garlic Stir Fry Sauce
1 Boil a kettle and pour it into a medium-sized saucepan. Cook the noodles or spaghetti in it, according to packet instructions.
2 Wash and prepare the vegetables: Chop the pepper into thin slices, grate the carrot and finely shred the pak choi. Chop the spring onions in 4 then slice lengthways.
3 Steam or microwave the soya beans for about 4 minutes - add the pepper strips about a minute from the end.
4 Place the Hoisin sauce and grated ginger in a bowl or small saucepan and heat or microwave.
5 Drain the noodles/spaghetti and mix everything together in a large serving bowl.
6 Serve immediately.